Tuesday, October 14, 2008

paper airplanes...


As artists and creative individuals in general we are ambassadors of our ideas and thoughts and are, in large part, solely responsible for the particular paths we embarking upon in our professional journeys. Only you can make yourself relevant in this world. Little in this game, or in any facet of life is solely predicated on talent but rather ambition and drive, networking and politicking.

Whether am painting or not I am still analyzing people, studying the appearance of things, not their objective correctness. I do most of my paintings when I am not painting, in my subconscious. The images dance around in my head and lay dormant for hours, days or sometimes even years until the are manifested on a canvas, and even then they often have a life of their own that is separate from my original vision...

"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine"
~Michaelangelo

No comments: