Saturday, February 21, 2009

the thin ice...


Facebook, of late, seems to be more geared toward people at the grade eight level. It reminds me of the little drawings we used to draw on our marble journals and looseleaf paper when we were bored with class. I am always getting notifications from someone saying that have taken the "Path to Happiness" quiz, or the "Likeness Quiz" or they're sending me a teddy bear... Or I will receive an e-mail saying that someone has poked me or written on my wall. If you have my e-mail address, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. And you know I love you all, but if I want to know 25 things about you, I will probably ask you. If you want to tell me, that's great -- if not, well, that's great too. I don't want to be nosy. And I'm definitely not going to tell you 25 things about me. Only three or four of them -- tops -- would be interesting, anyway. Besides, how do you know it's really me on Facebook? Anyone can sign up, log in and post a photograph, et voila! they're on, and they're reading all the intimate details of your life.

Excuse me, I have to run. I just checked my Facebook account and I see I have "six little green patch" requests, one "play with me request", one "hotties for sale invitation", three "happy hour invitations", and one "hatching egg invitation"....

BTW, does anyone know what those are?


"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity"

~Albert Einstein

No comments: