Friday, February 27, 2009

paris on my mind...



I suddenly remember that it's already been 8 months since I've been to the City of Love, Paris and I'm really missing my memorable experiences there. The mini-cruise on the
Seine, my "nelson time" sitting on
Les Champs du Mars in front of the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Church, the Louvre Museum, Arch of Triumph. Am sure it will all come back to me next time I am walking past Place de la Concorde or walking up rue de RivoliThe smells, the shops, the gruff Parisian nonchalance – it will feel as if I had never been away. Rue Cler next to the Eiffel Tower, which sell the most beautiful arrangements of roses I have ever seen in my life or Place de Clignancourt, where I tasted one of the best wines in my life from Britagne for the price of 2€.

Of course I am older now, perhaps even slightly wiser (a touch of grey in the beard these days), but walking through the streets I am sure I will feel the same excitement that I did back then. My sense of nostalgia will be only heightened by where I will stay– off on rue de Rivoli, a strip of real estate that has provided me happiness, enlightment, and sorrow– times of stress, water leaks, falling in love – probably the most defining moments of my life on many levels. The shops and the ambiance hopefully will be exactly how I remembered them. In a city of millions, where nearly all are strangers I can always count on Mona Lisa's smile... 

"An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris"

~Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: