Monday, February 16, 2009

dreams of a spanish spring...



Some random thoughts from March 2007:

... As I am getting ready to leave for Madrid I feeling all sorts of things. I am happy because I am finally leaving this place (New York) and heading to my old stomping ground. Not to say that my life here has been all bad. I have made friends that I will never forget. Some enemies as well, disappointments and successes. New York was the place that I learned who I was. I learned that I was a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for. I know you might wonder what the place I have called home for the last twenty-something years could mean to me. For the last couple of years I have had total freedom. 

I am excited for all that awaits me and ready to start the next phase of my life. I can honestly say that I feel like I am where I should be. I get to live on my own terms and on my own although I have missed out on alot in order to be able to give them a good life. I have learned a lot of things along the way and carry them with me where ever I may be. It is funny how things happen when you least expect it. Although I am filled with mixed emotions I will continue forward and enjoy all the things that life has to offer...let's see how far a one-way ticket to Madrid can take me...

"In Spain, the dead are more alive than the dead of any other country in the world"

~Federico Garcia Lorca

No comments: