Tuesday, March 31, 2009

a coloured affair...




Color Story: Orange and Green

So, while browsing around the web for artsy, creative type stuff and I've noticed an interesting trend amongst interior designers...color stories. Basically, people select colors and display bits of them together (like in an interior designer's mood board) and then show actual pictures of how the color story was used in real life. While as an artist am usually searching for portraits of particular people or fotos of current exhibits in museums worldwide in order to keep current, websites of interior designers and graphic design companies are just as helpful. 

Every element of a painting is critical, not just layout and the relationship of the elements on the canvas with one another but also...the COLORS! I love visuals and I really like the idea of creating a mini mood board for important works of art, kinda like swatches of paint or of fabrics if you were dealing with furniture. 

One of the most interesting creative design companies out there on the web is called inchmark, where they turned this:


Into this:



...pretty fly concept with the paisley print...wonder how it would look on a 24" x 36 canvas...hmmm...i just might have to "borrow" that idea...



“Color possesses me. I don't have to pursue it. It will possess me always, I know it. 
That is the meaning of this happy hour: 
Color and I are one. 
I am a painter"

~Paul Klee

www.nelsoncaban.blogspot.com

No comments: