Tuesday, September 15, 2009

heartbreak diatribe...


Bad communication is fatal to any relationship and little mistakes made along the way can translate into eternal regrets. A death by a thousand cuts to love that seemed so promising...

...last night i felt my heart inscribing it's innermost pain on the inside of my ribs where it thought my soul would never dare look but alas it was found and I share it with you...

Je ne pourrais te dire,
(I could not tell you)
Ce que je ne sais pas
(What I do not know)
et je ne pourrais te donner,
(I could not give you)
Ce que je n'ai pas
(What I do not have)
et je ne pourrais te fuir,
(And I could not leave you)
Même si tout nous sépare
(Even if everything separates us)
tout ce que je te promets c'est un nouveau départ
(All I can promise you is a new beginning)

Relationships are filled with contradictions and unrealistic expectations we have of the loved ones. Often we want them to embody traits and characteristics that we lack ourselves. We demand too much and in our vanity we would rather scorn the perfection of their imperfections than choose to make love work...

Dis-moi...Pourquoi?
(Tell me...Why?)
Qu'a-t-il pu donné
(What could he give you?)
De plus que moi ?
(More than I could?)
Qu'a-t-il que je n'ai pas ?
(What could he provide you that I could not?)

The heart has reasons that reason does not know of. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Sometimes love just does not work. It takes real work and effort and not everyone is up for that challenge. But don't fear little heart, there is much work to do and time will pacify your anxious ways...

No comments: