Sunday, September 06, 2009

a walk down fleming street...

you will be a star one day...in someone else's sky...
i am gone, there are more horizons to explore...


Those who don't feel this Love
pulling them like a river,
those who don't drink dawn
like a cup of spring water
or take in sunset like supper,
those who don't want to change,
let them sleep...

~Rumi

__________________________________________________



The word love is derived from the Sanskrit word Lobh, which means desire, wish; the same word is used in the Russian language, Liubov. Love may be called in other words the desire to be conscious of the object of love. It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations. You intrigued me with your indifference during that dinner and eventually convinced my heart with your kindness that a distance of 85 miles could be as easily overcome as crossing the street. For my efforts I was rewarded with your love and loyalty, your hugs and adoration. It was greater than what I could have ever asked for and more than I was accustomed to receiving.

Love has nothing to do with the five senses it's goal is only to experience the attraction exerted by the Beloved. Afterwards, perhaps, permission will come from God: the secrets that ought to be told with be told with an eloquence nearer to the understanding that these subtle confusing allusions. You taught me that love is the reduction of the universe to the single being, and the expansion of a single being, even to God.

Alas, love and doubt have never been on speaking terms. When we started losing trust in our love, that is when the first crack appeared in our relationship. If you can’t trust your partner, happiness is gone forever. The amount I thought I'd won, I've lost. You were 5 feet (barely) of joy that lit up my life...60 inches of pure love. How wonderful it was to be with, if only for a while, with those who surrender. For this I thank you, but my prayers have become bitter and all about mere blindness. In this perpetual eclipse that has marked your absence there is no light and mere language is the barest shadow of reality. For the sake of love, thousands have renounced family and all worldly possessions, and kings their kingdoms, and they have retired to desert, jungle, or mountain fastness, striving to find in asceticism the secret of this bliss. For two years my Shangri-La resided a mere 85 miles miles away. Last night, I swore I saw my little 5 foot happiness disappear over the horizon on the tail of a shooting star. Such divine, heavenly objects were not meant for mere mortals like me...

No comments: