Friday, April 17, 2009

mediational fragments (for jon)...


Few people live without some type of flaw or visible character defect, and they give in to it when it would be relatively easy to cure. A single cloud can eclipse the sun. It takes supreme skills to turns moles into beauty marks. We haven't always been given the best hand of cards in this little thing called life but we have been blessed in remarkable ways. First of all, it is a blessing to have you as a brother. For you I would give my life. At times, I have played the role of protector, older brother, father figure, and friend. When you were born I was the only man in a house filled with three woman. 


You have been through some things in your short little life and what's more you have had to take on the role I once held as man of the house, a role that I ran away from as soon as I could. Sorry for just leaving like that. But never forget, throughout the little troubles you have had in life, when things didn't look good, I was willing to give up everything I have ever worked for in my life to get you out of this country permanently if the need arose. Don't ever inherently believe in the just actions of "officials", with or without badges. If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees. Everyone bleeds just like you. Never second guess your righteousness and divinity if that is how you truly feel you have lived your life. 


That being said, don't be like me...strive to surpass me in all things, in all ways. Don't settle for just superior skills in Madden, Track or basketball, continue to conquer in all ways that matter to you in this life. Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. I am merely practice for a world that will show no mercy. Be excessive in your perfection and moderate about showing it. Never open the door to the least of evils, for many others, greater ones lurk outside. 


Love without fear and exhibit patience but be apply pressure when necessary. There is no revenge like oblivion, through which you may leave those buried in the dust of their unworthiness: 

"el paso del elefante es lento, pero aplastante".

I can share my thoughts with you but you will find your own paths and live your own life and eventually we will outlive all of those who have provided us all the support we have enjoyed until now. The person with inner peace, who can live with themselves, is in many ways a wise man, in every way a god. I am here for you now and I always will be, not because we simply share a mother but we are connected at the heart.


"...prefer to be a dreamer among the humblest, with visions to be realized, 
than lord among those without dreams and desires" 

~Kahlil Gibran

www.nelsoncaban.blogpsot.com

No comments: